Loon Haunt Forum
September 21, 2017, 03:40:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - New server - again (2014-08-01)!  Please send message to 'loonhaunt' if you experience any issues

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fishing Reports 2017  (Read 115 times)
GoVols98

View Profile
« on: June 12, 2017, 10:54:55 AM »

How about some fishing reports from those who have already been up to Loon Haunt this year.  My wife and kids are laughing at me because I've already got all my gear out, sorted, and semi packed for my trip and I'm not leaving for another 2 weeks to head up to Unnamed Lake.  My daughter will be going for the first time, so obviously this is going to be a very special trip.

A friend of mine's son stepped on a fishing lure while playing at the beach this past week (spent 4 hours at the ER to get it extracted), so this served as a great reminded to pinch the barbs on all hooks.
GoVols98

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 01:39:23 PM »

June 25 - July 2 Fishing Report from Unnamed Lake.  Fishing was great as usual at Unnamed Lake.  Weather was typical with a mix of rain, sun and cloudy days.  We did get caught in a pretty nasty hail storm one day and it stayed in the upper 60's or low 70's for the week.  Mayfly hatch made the walleye prefer minnow/jig just off the bottom compared to how I normally like to fish for them (trolling and casting rapala lures).  Once we found the walleye, it was lights out fishing.  Pike fishing was good with 30", 34" and a 40" (caught by my 12 year old daughter) the top ones of the week.  Portage lake fishing was excellent and no issues with the motor boat.

I didn't fish as hard as I normally do because this was my 12 year old daughters first trip Canada nor did I keep count of how many we caught.  If you daughter tells you that she is tired of catching fish and needs a break; then that is always a good thing.  Only one slow day of fishing, but the rest were very productive.

I certainly appreciate the party before us leaving a map of the hot spots for fishing and we returned the favor to the group coming in behind us.

Cabin, boats and all the equipment was in great shape as usual.  Thanks Bill and Louise!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: